Board of Trustee Recruitment
The Mill Arts Centre is the cultural hub for Banbury and the surrounding area.
Our vision is to inspire creativity and enrich the lives of the communities through our artistic and creative learning programme.
We believe that by offering our communities the chance to engage with and be entertained by a variety of art forms, we play a significant role in the cultural, social and economic development of the town.
The Mill Arts Centre Trust is currently looking to recruit a new trustee to fulfil the role of Treasurer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with significant financial skills to support the organisation on the next phase of its development.
The Mill Arts Centre (The Mill) became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in April 2016 following a significant period of artistic and operational transformation. It is our vision to inspire creativity and enrich the lives of all residents and communities in Banbury and the district of Cherwell. A five year strategic development plan is in place along with a clear artistic vision and supporting staffing structure to ensure that The Mill reaches its full potential and achieves its ambition of becoming one of the best small scale arts venues in the country.
To join us on this exciting journey you will need to have:
- Strategic Management Experience
- Project management experience (including capital projects)
- Experience of the financial management and administration of a mixed economy business model that includes capital, revenue and project grants, donations, sponsorship and commercial income.
The role would ideally suit someone with comprehensive understanding of the arts, cultural and public sectors although this is not essential.
In the role of Treasurer you will take on the specific responsibility for:
- Providing support and guidance in financial matters for the Senior Management Team
- The facilitation and direction of Finance and General Purposes subcommittee meetings
- Providing insight and guidance on financial matters to the board of trustees
If you are interested in this role please contact Andrew Lister, Executive Director for an informal conversation on 01295 279002 or email a covering letter and CV/statement of interest to email@example.com.