Welcome to The Mill Arts Centre, the cultural hub for Banbury and the surrounding area.
As the only dedicated arts provision in the area, our vision is to inspire creativity and enrich the lives of our communities by providing a high quality, varied artistic, education and participatory programme.
We believe that by offering our communities the chance to engage with and be entertained by a variety of art forms, we play a significant role in the cultural, social and economic development of the town.
Our key objectives are to:
- Inspire, stimulate and support creativity
- Offer the widest range of unique learning opportunities across all age groups
- Be open and accessible to all
- Optimise the use of our resources and building
- Generate enough income to ensure that we are here for years to come
- Work in partnership with public bodies, business, education and community organisations and agencies
How do we achieve these?
To achieve our aims we offer three strands of work:
- Live events and film screenings including theatre, dance, music and comedy
- Participatory workshops, events and experiences including performing arts, visual arts and craft and holistic wellbeing
- Visual art exhibitions
The Mill is a Registered Charity (No 1165998) and operates under the following charitable objectives:
- To promote art for public benefit
- To advance education for public benefit
- To provide (and assist in the provision of) facilities for recreation and other leisure-time occupation in the interests of social welfare with the objective of improving the conditions of life for residents of the area
Our Core Values
Our core values are:
- Heart and Trust
- For All
- Bold and Forward Thinking